Tuesday, April 21, 2009

When did blogging die?

Image representing Robert Scoble as depicted i...

Image via CrunchBase

Seems like Blogging has been dying a long slow death for the past five years. We don’t know who killed it, some people say Scoble killed it, nobody can’t tell for sure. What i do know is that it has been dying slowly and surely for as long as I can remember. Like many things Blogging never died, it evolved and is evolving. It became micro blogging then social networking and later real-time something ….I don’t know what blogging is today but I know it never died.

free wordpress asia travel blog theme templatefree wordpress light green company theme templateFree wordpress green company web2.0 Theme Templatefree wordpress Party Dance Bleu theme Template

 

Predicting the death of blogging

  • Peter Black AM: The end of blogging?

    The end of blogging? This morning's Western Mail poses the question: 'Is this the end of the blogger?' I have to accept some of the blame for this rather ...
    peterblack.blogspot.com/2008/08/end-of-blogging.html - 65k -

  • Tim Lucas Video WatchBlog: The End of Blogging Days - A Rumination

    Could the End of Blogging Days be upon us? So soon? Fortunately, my friend -- the Best Man at my wedding 33 years ago -- did survive his operation. ...
    videowatchdog.blogspot.com/2008/05/end-of-blogging-days-rumination.html -

  • DemConWatch:: The end of blogging as we know it?

    What is blogging? As a noun "blog" is defined, at base, as a web-based diary, with the verb form relating to making entries, adding material, ...
    www.demconwatchblog.com/diary/1321/the-end-of-blogging-as-we-know-it -

  • 2007 Prediction: Blogs will be replaced « Messaging….. Technology ...

    Even though some (wrongly) predicted the end of blogging and Facebook’s immediate demise — both are still here … going strong and gaining [...] ...
    joshuamaher.com/2006/12/18/2007-prediction-blogs-will-be-replaced/ -

     

    This blog is dead! ORLY?

    I see a few people are talking about the death of A-list blogging. Including my blog in that as evidence.

    Actually you’ll see me blogging more and social networking less. Why? Cause I’m starting to have longer thoughts again. Might have something to do with not being able to drink Diet Coke anymore due to my kidney disease.

    I can’t wait for Dan Lyons to predict the death of Facebook or Twitter because I’m blogging again.

    Anyway, I think Twitter is blogging. When I go back and look at my blog back in 2004, for instance, it looks a whole lot like Twitter. Short item with a link. So some of that content behavior has moved elsewhere. Big whoop.

    But now that I’ve done 18,000 tweets I find I’m getting bored there and want to play around with longer blog posts again. Mostly because I find I’m having something to say.

    Welcome back to the dead. :-)

     

     

     

     

     

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Bookmark and Share


    Stats